Banteay Meanchey Province
Situated on the Thai border in north-western Cambodia, Banteay Meanchey Province has had a turbulent recent past. Control of the province changed hands many times between Thai forces and the Khmer Rouge, finally falling into the hands of the Royal Government in the late 90’s. The province is poor and there are still many unexploded nines in the provinces fields and forests. Nearly all of Banteay Meanchey’s 840,000 residents are farmers although the improving economy has led to investment in Serei Sophoan, the provincial capital, and Poipet. Attractions include:
- Banteay Nang Mountain (11km from town)
- Phnom Touch Mountain (14km from town)
- Phnom Bac Mountain (4km from town)
- Phnom Chun Cheang Mountain (3km from town)
- Snay Mountain (4km from town)
- Ang Tapeang Thmor Pool (56km from town)
- Marble Sculpture and Handcrafts (51km from town)
- Banteay Chhmar Temple (59km from town)
- Poipet Casino (Khmer/Thai Border) (42km from town)
Should you require any further information regarding to the above-mentioned, please feel free to contact us.
Hopefully, to have a great chance to memorably and fruitfully to serving you in the near future!
Have A Wonderful And Memorable Trip In Cambodia!