Use the passportwhile renting a car for a self-drive and travelling in Cambodia
- Most of our cars are bound with the insurance company requirement, this means that the insurance company requires to all the foreign drivers to deposit one of the passports.
- The hotel check-in requires only a copy of the passport, not the original one.
- While travelling around Cambodia, the passport won’t be required by the local authorities except when crossing the border. So when the passport is asked to show, you shouldn’t show them the original one, or else it won’t be returned to you until your payment is doneon demand.
- Bring a passport along with you while travelling in Cambodia is very dangerous, as you will face a pick pocket or the gangster who can steal it from the car or bag.
- There is another option, if you would not like to deposit your passport, you are requested to increase the refundable deposit with the amount rangingbetween $500 and$2,500.